Field Phone Communication Project
Your own personal off-grid, wired telephone system.
• Uses normal off-the-shelf wired telephones.
• Provides wired communication between fixed shelters, such as homes, barns or sheds.
• Operates from and charges an 18650 lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery, allowing operation during limited power outages.
• Reverse battery protection.
• Accepts charging voltages between 6v to 30v, allowing a wide variety of power inputs, including wall adapters, car or truck batteries or direct solar panel inputs. See manual for FCC-compliant externally-powered configurations and tips for those wishing to experiment with additional homebuilt or mobile configurations.
• Reverse input power protection.
• Two separate phone circuits which can be conferenced with a two-line master telephone or bridged locally.
• Silent LED call indicator, or optional quiet piezo call indication.
• Remote phones support call indication via a separate ring interface module.
• Flexible integration of future ring interface and handset options.
• 3.5 mm audio connector for monitoring system use or recording calls for training purposes.
• Flexible extension to future remote station options including advanced headsets, sensor and actuators, and data terminal devices.
• Line protection against transients.
• Saves military fieldphone sets for actual field use.
We also offer bundles of units with popular combinations of system components.
• Field Phone Host Module, $79 each, includes 18650 LiFePO4 battery, SB6VF power adapter, EMI ferrites and capacitor.
• Field Phone Ring Interface Module, $12 each.
• Spare 18650 LiFePO4 Battery, $8 each.
Field Phone System Manual, v1.0 (3.2 MB)
Be sure to check out our Field Phone Forum and get involved in the discussion and direction of this project and future peripheral devices.
For all our Kickstarter backers and bloggers who posted about this project, even though the project ultimately wasn't funded, check out special offers for our backers. Thanks to each of you!
Disclaimer: the field phone system is for hobbyist use and is intended for educational purposes. Some system components use high voltages or supply fixed currents and could present a hazard if wet, as does any telephone line. Use at your own risk and ensure that children operate the system only with adult supervision. Do not lick or ingest any system component. Zombies may become entangled in wiring and present a hazard to the operator.
Our New Small Business Blog
Practical small business tips and anecdotes.
Posted: 23 Feb 2017
Field Phone Communication Project Now Shipping
Our field phone host module provides a personal off-grid, wired telephone system.
Posted: 24 Sep 2016
Dante Strobe Released
The disorienting strobe companion to our Dante Acoustic Deterrent is now available.
Posted: 12 Aug 2016
New Product Forum
Get the latest info, share tips and give feedback about our products. Also visit our open-source project sections.
Posted: 19 Apr 2016
New Solar Integration Options
We are now assisting local businesses and homes in Southeast Georgia with custom off-grid solar solutions. Buy local inventory and avoid shipping damages.
Posted: 12 Dec 2015
Amateur Radio Solutions Available
Our development staff now includes Amateur Extra radio FCC licensees, increasing the breadth of our existing wireless development services.
Posted: 12 Nov 2015
Dante Nonlethal Intruder Deterrent Released
Dante, our unique non-lethal intruder deterrent, is now available. This 124 dB device is a fraction of the cost of other brands in the same performance class.
Posted: 04 Oct 2015